Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Week 11 NYNYS

Transfer number 3!

Sorry it took me so long to write this week. I don't have a lot of time since our schedule got thrown off. The library closes on every holiday and transfers on Tuesday filled up the day. My companion and I are still together and he has been called as the District Leader for our area. He will do a great job. It also kind of fun for me because I get to accompany him to all the meetings they have and mingle with other missionaries throughout the mission.

The weather has actually been fairly nice lately. However, the wind is awful. The air is thick and humid as it is, so when the wind picks up (moderate gale force winds, according to the weather service) it just destroys you! I miss Arizona weather!

Transfer meeting was really fun yesterday. I was able to play my violin with my zone singing "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". It sounded really good and we a lot of compliments afterward. People were crying (woohoo! just kidding). 32 new missionaries came in and quite a few were 18 year old Elders and 19 year old Sisters. Next transfer even more new missionaries are coming in and 60% of the mission will be involved in the new 12 Week Training program. Speaking of music, this Sunday I will have an awesome opportunity to play my violin in a concert the mission is having in the Rockaways at the Yacht Club in Broadchannel. We are teaching the first lesson, the Restoration, through music. I will be playing "Nearer My God to Thee" with Elder Wong, an extremely talented guitar player. I am very excited for this. It will be a lot of fun! I am pretty sure President Calderwood is the narrator too.

The work has been a bit challenging lately. People have been a little harsh to us this week during our tracting. Elder McDonald and I are constantly trying to come up with knew ideas for door approaches to keep up with the hipsters here!

I am doing better and better every week. The mission is helping me in so many ways. I love it! I am so sorry this email is super short, but since I am running out of time I will get a better letter out next Monday!

Love you all!

Love,

Elder Hooper

(Here is a link to an article about the concert at the Yacht Club in Rockaway http://www.rockawave.com/news/2013-02-15/Community/Latter_Days_Saints_Came_Marching_In.html )

No comments:

Post a Comment