Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 66, 15 Months :O



It has been so snowy and cold out here! So, super funny story to add to all the weather. On our way home Elder Busby and I came across a HUGE puddle on all sides of us on the sidewalk and street to our apartment. The only way around it was to just go through it and get soaked. I was like, nope, ain't nobody got time for dat. So I saw a gate on someone's driveway and I jumped onto it and started Prince of
Persia-ing across it to get around the water and Elder Busby follows, then I grab onto one of the decorative heads on the fence to pull me across and it snaps off, flies out of my hand, and I almost go down with it since I had all of my body weight on it! and yes I am fat. So I then just give up and let go and fall into the water, but then I caught my jacket on the fence and got stuck for a minute. I am just dangling there with my feet sopping on the water. We both got a pretty good laugh out of that.

I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple with Honey Rose Mendoza to receive her endowment with her mom, the senior couple, the Scukanecs, and Sister Hopkins and Seely. It was a really neat
experience. It was great! I learned so much more and the new presentations are great! Just remember the covenants I have made inside helped me to recommit to serve my mission as I promised to dedicate my life to my Heavenly Father there! I also realized the importance of making covenants with God. Because of the Fall of Adam and Eve, we were cut off from the presence of God and would never be able to return to Him. But God, knowing all things, provided away for us to get around this, and that is our Savior, Jesus Christ!

We held a zone flash mob on the J train at Jamaica Center. It was so much fun! I got on the train and just started playing random things on the violin to get everyone's attention on me. While I was trying to distract everyone from seeing all these similar-looking-young-people load up on the train, I was trying to make sure I didn't go down when the train was moving! Once the last person would get on, I would play the intro to I Feel My Savior's Love. And 2 sisters would start singing and then everyone else would gradually join in! It was a blast!

During another singing activity, there was a couple people who signed up for church DVDs. We went to deliver the requested movie, talked to her and set up a time to go back and talk about it. We went on to our
next appointment and that fell through so we were like, well we could just go back to that one family and see if we can teach them now. We did and they let us in! We even prayed before hand that it wouldn't be awkward haha! They are so great. It is a family of four and the 2 kids are twins! They were very active in the lesson and had tons of questions. We are so excited to have found them!

So here is a picture of the fence and also a zone activity we are doing right now- paintball style dart wars.
Love, Elder Hooper




No comments:

Post a Comment