Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 69, Tired? Wait for Daylight Savings time, then you will be tired!

Here is one reason I always want to live in Arizona; we always have enough sunlight to never have to go on Daylight Savings Time! For some reason I was so exhausted all week. It was probably due to transfers, lots of meetings, and not being able to take dinner hours all week.
Taking one hour off my normal sleeping schedule just destroyed me yesterday!

So enough with the bad! Here are some funny stories this week! While my companion, Elder Busby, and I were walking to our church building, we saw a huge semi-truck trying to squeeze into this tight one-way street with cars parked on both sides of the street. He was maneuvering quote well between the cars, but we couldn't help, but watch how close he was getting to hitting one of the cars. We are basically rubbernecking and when the truck driver pulled through clearly we turn back around and immediately I yell "watch out" as my companion walked right into a tree hahaha! We couldn't stop laughing after that.

The other super funny story was Saturday while waiting for a bus. We were talking to two ladies that were also waiting for the bus when a caravan driver pulled up next to us trying to get us to get in his van instead of the bus (for some background, there is a company of vans that drive along the bus routes picking people up and dropping them off along the bus route at anytime for 50 cents cheaper then the bus itself so it is faster and cheaper). The driver says "get in, it is only $2" so I start thinking of the movie "Better Off Dead" and think to myself "sorry Jimmy, I don't got a dime" and my companion then says we will go for free! And the driver says "well I need money for gas.
Do you have free gas?" Elder Busby says "well I have plenty of 'gas'".
Which was definitely a true statement that day after some large Chipotle burritos hahaha!

To kick off the transfer we had a Zone-Get-Know-You meeting. I love the members of my zone. I feel it every time we have a zone meeting!
It isn't a love from me, but I know that it is a love that my Father in Heaven gives to me to help these missionaries. I felt my testimony reconfirmed again today that the Book of Mormon is true. I love it! I truly believe that if any man will read the BoM they will get nearer to God because I have experience it. I also have experienced a forgiveness of sins! I know that this church is THE church. I had this testimony reconfirmed to me during the street sweep we did afterwards.
We created 4 stations regarding different topics: Book of Mormon, Plan of Salvation pamphlets, Family Proc pamphlets, and Restoration pamphlets. While giving copies of the Book of Mormon to people along Jamaica Ave, I just felt the importance of this other witness of Christ that, with the Bible, confounds false doctrines. I know it is true and I love it! It is such an amazing book. I also know that Joseph Smith was truly called as a prophet of God to restore the truth that was lost back to the earth.

So I am not sure if I shared this experience or not, but I want to tell it again. During our president interviews back in January, the church doorbell rang while I was waiting for my companion. I went to answer the door and there was an older lady there who said that the spirit lead her to the church. I asked her why it lead her here and she told me that she had someone that she wanted us to teach and help.
I got the information from her and found out the background info on this person, and then asked if she had ever been to our church. She said she met with missionaries a long time ago, but hasn't for a while. She gave me her number and I called her the next day and scheduled a time to see them. She had us meet with the individual she wanted us to, but gradually it turned into us meeting with her! She is amazing! This lady follows the sprit to the 'T'. I want to be like her. She said the spirit told her to read the Book of Mormon and now she is almost done with 2nd Nephi and it has been two weeks! We have been teaching her and she believes all the things we are sharing. We are teaching her tonight and plan to help her set a baptismal date! It is such a miracle.

It is finally starting to warm up! Tomorrow the high is 57! I am sure that is probably cold for most of you on the west coast right now. The snow is almost all gone :). From most of the people that live here, have said that this was one of the rougher winters.

I hope all of you are doing well. Always remember that the Lord's love for you never changes!

Love,

Elder Hooper
NYNYSOUTHMISSIO

No comments:

Post a Comment