Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 76, Jamaica Home sweet home

I can barely even remember what happened this week as it went by so fast! We were super busy! We have lots of people that are progressing and making steps towards baptism. We prepared a super cool "10 Commandment" slide shown with correlating pictures for each commandment. Mike really liked it and I think it helped him understand them better. Mike is really progressing! He is now in Mosiah and is taking notes of the things he learns. He is working on the word of wisdom, but otherwise is ready for baptism! Every meeting we have with him, he is remembering more and more. He will baptized May 11th on Mother's Day! Jeff is doing well too! He is 22 years old and is a stud of an athlete on the basketball court and is a role model for a lot of people. He knows the church is true and has set a date to be baptized June 8th! Michael and Tiffany are an amazing couple and area progressing as well! The are the most pure in heart people I have ever taught. I love them a lot! Tons of good things are going on here in Jamaica!

So here is a funny story. We were handing out Book of Mormons as an activity with our zone and I go up to this one man and ask him if I can give him a Book of Mormon , I explained to him that it is another testament of Christ and showed him a picture of Christ in the Book of Mormon. He then said "why is it that all of you who come around talking about Christ are all white? You guys are slave traders!" I didn't really know what to say to that one!

I know The Lord has given us the opportunity to have our own children to experience His joy. His precious spirits are given to us to take care of. I am sitting right behind a family that has a young boy named Ephraim who is really small for his age. He is the cutest little boy ever! He is a ball of light. It irritates me to see people judging his parents when he makes annoying little sounds and is a bit rowdy. He is a sweet boy loves to sing the hymns. When I finished my musical number, I came back to my seat and he was humming the song I played, My Heavenly Father Loves Me. It was the cutest thing! It was amazing to feel the spirit that was in the room after I played that song. I forgot how much I miss playing music and performing for others at church. It was a blessing to me.

So here is a picture of the awesome bulletin board we made for both the Spanish and English wards:





This is Mike!




This is Jeff!

I love serving here in Queens! There is no other place where I'd rather be then right here. The next 6 months are going to be a blast. I feel like I finally have a good idea how to do this whole missionary thing haha!

We are having our zone activity at Forest Park for some hiking, 3 legged races, and an egg toss! Wooh! It was nice to scape the brick forest and go to a real forest haha
Have a great week

Love,
Elder Hooper







No comments:

Post a Comment