Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 73, April Fools!!

I hope everyone enjoyed General Conference this weekend! I sure did.

This was a very difficult week for me. I fasted last Sunday that I would be able to learn from General Conference and that I could figure out what I was feeling. Because I was beating myself up and having lots of negative thoughts going on through my mind, it was hindering the Holy Ghost from telling me what I needed to change. During General Conference, the only thing that truly stuck out to me was President Monson's talk about being charitable. I needed to stop thinking about myself. I realized that all I was thinking about was my problems and my weaknesses. I lost the vision of the missionaries in my zone, all the families and individuals we are teaching and how to help them. I was focusing on all the negatives and not seeing how successful I have been. I have never been this successful until now and it gets better and better as I am finally understanding how to be a missionary, haha! Once I started to be charitable, more loving and selfless and looking for opportunities to serve, during the next few hours, I started to notice the spirit again and then was able to be taught by the Holy Ghost. With this, I learned another reason why Charity and Love is so important. It is not to just be more like Christ, but to also rid of negative feelings that hinder the Holy Ghost so we can be taught from on high. Charity and counting your blessings is so important! I also loved how much General Conference was focused on families and their eternal role! Eternal Life is family life!

So April Fools was all fun and games until the end of the night. So, my idea was to leave an alarm clock in the other elders' apartment. I took my super annoying alarm clock that I inherited from another missionary and put it in their closet set for 2am! I put a sticky note on the back that said ha ha April fools, Love you Zone Leaders. We also tried to play another trick on our district leader and change the sisters contact name to President Calderwood and had a good laugh after pulling our district leader out saying that there was some inappropriate behavior between an Elder and a sister and they were both being transferred out immediately. However when we got home that night we look at our apartment door and there is a joker card pinned up on it. We both were just like oh no, so we open the door and the apartment is trashed! Our ties were everywhere and our desk were moved, Pam spray was all over the floor, blue cheese on our towels in the oven, and the worst part was when they took our underwear, wet them down, and put them in the freezer! They all froze together! That was the only thing that upset me, haha. I was so frustrated, but it was actually funny.

So we have an investigator that came out of no where and is going to be baptized April 20th! He came to all sessions of General Conference and is really progressing. He is awesome! We are seeing a lot of miracles here in Jamaica. I am loving my mission. It is going by too fast!

Love,
Elder Hooper

Here is another April Fools trick! Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment