Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 74, Spring, and a new transfer!

Hey there! It is 63 degrees and I am sweating! It is the best. It is finally spring here and people are everywhere and a bit nicer :).

My companion, Elder Busby, is getting transferred, so I will be getting a new companion and will be the senior companion/zone leader which I am pretty nervous about haha. Elder Busby is a stud and it will take a ton to match up to him!

Mike, an awesome investigator that I wrote about last week, is scheduled to be baptized this Sunday on Easter! He is really excited and we are excited for him! Mike is awesome. He is really trying to change and follow Christ. On Sunday, the Spanish Elders passed off an English couple who is investigating the church and they are amazing!

They are so pure in heart and ready to receive the gospel. They get engaged because they felt they were not doing what God wanted them to by not being married. It is amazing to see The Lord preparing people to receive the gospel.

Elder Busby and I held a ZTM last Friday about weekly planning effectively and make sure to plan all aspects of finding in the week, as well as repentance. We had other missionaries present ideas and teach workshops. It was fun.

On Sunday, we had our stake conference and Elder Perkins and Olsen of the First and sixth quorum of the 70 were there to create the new Lynbrook Stake, which previously was a district. It was an exciting event! Many branches became wards, and it was amazing to see the a hastening of the work here. Another priesthood key holder is on the island and now we are just waiting for a temple :D.

This week went by so fast and I can hardly remember what happened!

Sorry this email is a little boring and no details. Next week will be good and I will make sure that I wrote in my journal so I can remember what happened.

Love,
Elder Hooper

P.S. The church is doing a new online outreach to those not of our faith! Visit mormonnewsroom.org and easter.mormon.org for details.
#becauseofhim #beapartofit!

No comments:

Post a Comment